Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 6 Comments

To Ms. Kennett:
I like your plan to have the hermit return home and realize it is what she has been searching for the whole time. I think this will send a great message to the children. In the story, are you planning on referencing the other novels you mentioned, or are you going to make allusions to them without a direct reference?

To Chris:
It seems you have planned your story very well so far Chris. I look forward to reading the final version. The Librarium seems to be a lot like the government in 1984. I definitely recommend 1984 to you for more research, as the Wings of Justice serves a very similar function to the Thought Police.

To Tucker:
I liked the video you linked to the post. I also thought your comparison between the Garden and a house of worship was awesome. You did a great job of showing how passionate you are for our team. Good post Tucker!

To Tyler:
I know the cause for all this anger you have built up. Cam Thissel and I have constructed a voodoo doll with locks of your hair. Every Tuesday, during our study, we insert a needle into the anger part of your voodoo doll head. By the properties of science, you get angrier every week. In all seriousness though, I can relate with you. The stress that seniors accumulate is crazy. You should see me when I'm driving, I get furious if someone goes any less than five over the speed limit. So most of my anger is directed to elders that probably don't deserve it.

To I agree that music is simply awesome. I enjoy almost all types of music with few exceptions. (country being the only type I can't stand)I think that even today's music has a lot to teach and inspire, but sometimes it is more difficult to find under the image that most artists hide behind. Being a musician, I really enjoy hearing that people appreciate the art and can relate to music. I also liked that one song was able to change your entire life. That is the kind of effect that I love seeing come out of music.

Responses:
My kingdom is going to be low-tech, even before the printing press. I plan on having one copy of a book known as "The Truth" being passed among the major characters of the story. Perhaps the greatest victory in the story will be creating more copies of "The Truth" and spreading its influence. The King will ruthlessly pursue this book to prevent an uprising. I think instead of technology, I am going to use elements of magic to control the citizens.

Oh yes Tucker, there will be exile...

No comments:

Post a Comment